* I am a Classics MA graduate from the University of Edinburgh, passionate about the arts and the humanities, currently completing my MSc in Marketing at King’s College London.
* I was very fortunate to be taught in Edinburgh by fantastic professors and want to share this knowledge and inspiration with others. I have taught pupils on MyTutor since 2016 and over the past 5 years have delivered over 2,000 classes, seeing my pupils’ hard work earn them a place at the universities of their choice. Please read the stories and comments of my previous tutees at the bottom of this page – see their journey towards achieving their goals.
* Delighted to be currently a nominee for Best results in the 2020 Tutor Awards. Academic awards & achievements * Margaret Stobie Keith Prize in Classics (June 2019, The University of Edinburgh): for work of distinction in Ancient Philosophy or Ancient Religion which was awarded 90% score in the academic coursework section;
* Undergraduate Awards 2018: Highly Commended Award in the Literature Category (August 2018, UA): for my paper ‘Love, Lies and Writing to Delight: Narrative reliability in the fictional world of the Second Sophistic’;
* W. R. Hardie Memorial Prize in Classics (June 2018, The University of Edinburgh): two prizes are awarded annually for the ‘best English essay on a prescribed subject’. About my sessions I can assist pupils preparing for their GCSEs, A-levels (AQA, CIE, OCR, Edexcel and EDUQAS exam boards) and IELTS examinations. The lesson structure consists of: > 15′ of a powerpoint presentation on the topic in focus. I have separate presentations on each topic and question of the exam paper. > Exercises we practise together: I give you 10′ to write a response, followed by feedback. > A lesson summary at the end of the class. For my pupils, I also offer the following: > Free resources: After each class I send you the PowerPoint presentations for you to keep as a reference. > No extra charge for marking homework: This is free. I do not ask pupils to book a Written Work Review. > Progression report: To help you organise your studies and to show you how far we progress. > Vocabulary quizzes: To get you to improve on your use of academic phraseology. > Real life literary criticism: (For literature pupils) We go through examples of real life criticism written to boost your analytical skills faster. Yet, all the above are most effective when personalised to the needs of each pupil. Hence, I encourage you to let me know of your strengths and weaknesses, what you find most interesting and most challenging by booking a free meeting with me first.
Διαθεσιμότητα: Weekdays 12:00-18:00 (κατόπιν συνεννόησης)